Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Surf Gen 3..........tyres?

Hi,
    Can anybody tell me what is the biggest tyre I can fit to my standard suspension surf.......Surf is on the standard 16" wheels?

Thanks

hiya butty
    i would use rubber ones
    the old git

Comment

265/75r16cooper st maxx on mine no problems

Comment

thats it

Originally posted by G1xer View Post
        265/75r16cooper st maxx on mine no problems
        Can't go bigger than that - they hit the arches

Comment

Also bear in mind the 265/75r16 is a tougher tyre and not a smooth a ride on the road. Mine dont have much road noise but its just not as smooth.Also it can be a pain to balance these tyres and you can end up with some shudder.
          On the up side they never seem to get punctures and go more places.I dont do a huge amount of off road but when i do i usually have a trailer with me too and i've never got stuck yet.
          Also keep an eye on pressures.If they are hard the ride is bumpy and they can have less than 8psi in them and look like they have 28.
          Hope this helps

Comment

Also bear in mind the 265/75r16 is a tougher tyre and not a smooth a ride on the road. Mine dont have much road noise but its just not as smooth.Also it can be a pain to balance these tyres and you can end up with some shudder.
            On the up side they never seem to get punctures and go more places.I dont do a huge amount of off road but when i do i usually have a trailer with me too and i've never got stuck yet.
            Also keep an eye on pressures.If they are hard the ride is bumpy and they can have less than 8psi in them and look like they have 28.
            Hope this helps
            What Brand tyes are you currently using?

Thanks

Comment

265/75 r16 cooper stmaxx
              Attached Files

Comment

265/75 r16 cooper stmaxx
                Any chance of some photos.........so I can see what they look like?

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=smurfyman;827388]Any chance of some photos.........so I can see what they look like?

Thanks[/QUO

Should of said pictures of your truck with them on!

Thanks

Comment

tyres

General Grabber AT2
                    Great tyres!

Comment

Cooper discover 2 on mine. 2nd set as the first set never gave me any grief and coped well with snow etc.

Comment

265/75/16

Sorry the pics a bit low resolution, I need to take some better shots.

Comment

Working...
                        X