Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax/milners free wheeling hubs

Searched but nothing recent.

Anyone bought the roughtrax or Milners free wheeling hubs recently?

Seem good value but no brand name.

Avm of eBay are same price.

Couldn't find Aisin for less than £120 each!

Milners say you need a circlip to replace the 12mm end bolt but this is all redundant as the main body is hollow and not a fit like the original splined end plate is, or am I wrong?

spoke to Barry 2 weeks ago,went in for some bits (only round the corner from work) roughtrax are now Aisin dealers,so prices are very good.would try giving him a call if you haven't already. most of the new Aisin parts are not on the web site yet,

Comment

Thanks for that!

Will give them a call on Monday..

Comment

I bought Avm's from Roughtrax, no problems so far and easy to fit.

Comment

Phoned Barry today, said Aisin won't be in till May.

Said the ones they stock now are uprated, steel rather than cast so no cracking, said they haven't had a complaint since the changeover. Good enough for me!

£106.38 all in.

somebody on here mentioned washers on the cv end bolt to 'space it', any clarification on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo drift View Post
            Phoned Barry today, said Aisin won't be in till May.

Said the ones they stock now are uprated, steel rather than cast so no cracking, said they haven't had a complaint since the changeover. Good enough for me!

£106.38 all in.

somebody on here mentioned washers on the cv end bolt to 'space it', any clarification on this?
            That's correct. I used two on each side but I suppose that depends on how thick the washers are.

Comment

Maybe a silly question but what are the washer in aid off?

I will need to acquire some from my work 😁

Comment

See this thread. It's a good write up and the pictures are clear enough for you to see why you need the washers.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60178

In the first picture you can see the outer hub splines sit back a bit. In the sixth picture with the new hubs fitted you can see the outer hub splines sit proud so you need a washer or two between the bolts big captive washer and where it seats when you tighten it. The outer diameter of the washer obviously needs to be smaller than the spline diameter.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I got the AVM hubs from roughtrax .... they are fine
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                  X