2nd gen surf 4wd engaging procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen surf 4wd engaging procedure

I've got 2nd gen 1991 hilux surf 1kz auto transmission 3.0 diesel. Is there anyone can tell me what is the steps to engage 4wd. The dashboard's 4wd indicator won't even turn on when I pushed on the 4wd button. Please help.

To get 4x4 mode in high range you just push the button whilst stationary or moving forward at slow speedown. This should activate the dash lamp if the bulb is good, you should also hear the relay click.

From stationary you can move the hi/lo stick into the lo position and this will bring in 4x4 low range and will also bring on the dash lamp

Comment

2nd gen surf 4wd engaging procedure

Thank you mate. Need I to depress the brake pedal to move the hi/lo stick? The rear leverer must be in "N" or "P" position before moving the hi/lo stick?

Comment

always good to have the brakes on if stationary, either foot or park brake will be fine.

And yes if stationary best in N or P

Comment

Just my experience, but i find it hard to engage it sometimes in P, but always goes in very easily in N..

Comment

Hiya you say surf 3.0 but are you sure as the kzn130 weren't out in 1991 unless you mean the 4runner.I think it was 93-94 the kzn130 surf came out
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Grinding sound on driver's front wheel.

I think my toyota surf uprgaded to 1kz engine by the previous owner. Now I have new problem at driver's front wheel area. I heard a grinding sound while driving on flat road. Is it my brake worn out or something else?

Comment

Working...
              X