Slight Leak on Injector Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight Leak on Injector Pump

Hi guys, Just after a bit of advice, been running 50/50 veggie through the winter. No problems apart from being a little rough at idle. As the weather has picked up I have tried 90/10 veggie mix, again truck has been running fine however I recently noticed a leak on my drive. Managed to trace this to the injector pump and was worried I potentially had a big bill. Checked the large nut around the white plastic plug and it was a quarter turn loose. I have tightened it up and all seems well with no further leaks.

Do you think the extra mix of veggie has increased the pressure on the seals?

Would it be worth changing the injector pump seals as I know Rough traxs do a seal kit?

Anyone know someone local to Leeds who could do this for me as I have a feeling stripping the injector pump could be a nightmare?

Appreciate any advice,

Thanks Nick

Were that me (and it will be as soon as I can get a used oil supplier) I'd leave it till it packs up...more likely to give yourself an issue trying to fix something that's not yet busted.

Comment

Yeah, was thinking that, all running fine with no leak now so I could make it worse tampering with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny-o View Post
        Yeah, was thinking that, all running fine with no leak now so I could make it worse tampering with it?
        Following the adege "if it ain't broke don't fix it"... your adding potential for things to go wrong where it may not be needed...just my view mind.

Comment

Hi guys, Just after a bit of advice, been running 50/50 veggie through the winter. No problems apart from being a little rough at idle. As the weather has picked up I have tried 90/10 veggie mix, again truck has been running fine however I recently noticed a leak on my drive. Managed to trace this to the injector pump and was worried I potentially had a big bill. Checked the large nut around the white plastic plug and it was a quarter turn loose. I have tightened it up and all seems well with no further leaks.

Do you think the extra mix of veggie has increased the pressure on the seals?

Would it be worth changing the injector pump seals as I know Rough traxs do a seal kit?

Anyone know someone local to Leeds who could do this for me as I have a feeling stripping the injector pump could be a nightmare?

Appreciate any advice,

Thanks Nick

Hi when and if it does try Halifax diesel services they can fit these quite easily and remove and repair

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys. Got friends in Halifax so that diesel services place is a good call, thanks Yorkshire Devil!

Comment

Quick update, driving the Hilux to Southwest France camping next week and didn't want to risk the pump so took 'Yorkshire Devils' advice and got Ian at Halifax Diesel Services to have a look for me. Top bloke and in just over an hour he had removed the top plate in situ, cleaned the pump and replaced the o ring and gasket seals. Total cost £54 and the pump is good as new. Thanks for the advice and I would fully recommend their services

Comment

Top bloke and in just over an hour he had removed the top plate in situ, cleaned the pump and replaced the o ring and gasket seals.
                That should save you some MPG...
                Just did mine in the drive, £18 and 20 minutes...bargain .

Comment

Quick update, driving the Hilux to Southwest France camping next week and didn't want to risk the pump so took 'Yorkshire Devils' advice and got Ian at Halifax Diesel Services to have a look for me. Top bloke and in just over an hour he had removed the top plate in situ, cleaned the pump and replaced the o ring and gasket seals. Total cost £54 and the pump is good as new. Thanks for the advice and I would fully recommend their services

I've heard nothing but good things about them, I've known plenty of people that have had mechanical pumps there, small local company but good at what they do.

Comment

Working...
                  X