X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF Leak?

Hi all

Hope everybody is well?

A little while ago my wife was given a '93 LN130 automatic 2.4TD SSR-X in, and I quote “perfect working order”! Before having the surf I knew virtually nothing about cars but, mainly thanks to this forum, I’ve gradually worked my through some of the more common problems.

I had noticed that gear selection was getting a bit sluggish and on checking the ATF found it to be watery and dark brown so the next task on my list was to replace the ATF. I have 30 litres of Dexron III on order and was planning on doing the two-bucket method...however, when I had a look underneath I notice that I appear to be leaking ATF. The gear changes are slowly becoming more erratic and, after she’s been driven for a while, there are now strange noises coming from underneath when you pull away!

Can anyone please advise on what the most likely cause of this leak is going to be and is it something (given my limited knowledge but plucky ‘have-a-go’ attitude) that I could / should attempt to repair myself?!?

Alternatively, is there anyone local(ish) to the Great Missenden area that would be willing to have a look? Having recently had our first child funds are limited but I'm sure an arrangement could be reached!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GoTan76; 6 May 2014, 22:40.
Working...
X