won't run when hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't run when hot.

Hi all new to the site, I have been reading alot on here but I have a problem that has just happened while driving down the motorway it started to loose power then wouldn't rev and died. It then started but smokes a lot and won't rev up. I tried by passing the fuel filter and then ran fuel from a pot but still no joy. When its cold it seems to be fine. I remove the air filter but didn't make any difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's a hilux surf 3.0d auto 1995

Thanks

Ok so I think its fuel starvation when I pump the fuel primer it makes it run fine then after a c little while it will run like a bag of nails and have no power get out pump the primer and its fine again. Is there anything in the fuel pump that can block up?
    The fuel comes of the feed pipe to fuel pump with no problem at all. If I by pass the filter with a Seperate tank of fuel it runs rough too so I don't think its the filter or the housing it seems to need some pressure behind it to the pump for it to run properly.
    Thanks
    Last edited by paulcl09; 3 April 2014, 22:22.

Comment

Ok so today i took it out for a drive after an hour or so it started to go funny again bogging down no power wont rev up engine check light came on. Checked the codes and it flashes 5 times first flash then a delay then 4 follow so am i right that this is 5 flashes and its a problem with resistor packs on the side of the pump?

Comment

it seems your talking to yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X