bad judder!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad judder!!

Hello all , im a surf newbie and am having some problems with my 95 kzn130 (3.0l man). Im getting a bad judder i think from the back end, i can feel it in the seats, not the steering wheel. Its worst going over rough road like back lanes or poorly surfaced roads. also when i (rarely) go over 65 it also judders and jumps about.
    The rear wheels arent balanced (next on the list) but the vibration doesnt seem uniform enough for that to be the main cause, no doubt it doesnt help. whilst poking about underneath today i found i could move the anti roll bar about a fair bit, would this cause a shake?
    I think the truck has been neglected a bit, before i changed the front shocks last week you could rattle them about on the lower mounting!
    Any ideas/advice will be welcomed and appreciated! thanks!

You may want to have a look at your UJ at the axle end.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi , the ujs on the rear prop seem ok, very little play in them. though whilst prodding everything underneath today i found the double ujs on the front prop shaft have loads of play and look totally knackered! another job on the list! The judder over rough road is side to side, im getting a harsh ride aswell so rear shocks will be changed soon and maybe that will help!
      thanks!

Comment

If your tyres are overinflated your car will jump all over the place....

Comment

tyres are at 32 all round, so cant see that being a problem. the anti roll drop link stabiliser things on the rear are totally knackered so will change them aswell and see how it goes!

Comment

Working...
          X