Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steamy windows(?)

Hi
    I have a small problem regarding the OUTSIDE front side windows misting over when driving in the wet.Can anyone advise me if there are any products available to stop this from happening,or will removing the wind deflectors be the only solution?
    Cheers
    Powered by ????

Wow! it must be cold up there.

You have a point there. Usually the wind clears them wilst moving so perhaps the windshields are preventing this?

I have them fitted also, so may face the same problem when the cold weather finally arrives.

A spray window cleaner may work, or perhaps diluted vinegar?
    Last edited by icsys; 9 October 2003, 20:19.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
      Wow! it must be cold up there.

You have a point there. Usually the wind clears them wilst moving so perhaps the windshields are preventing this?

I have them fitted also, so may face the same problem when the cold weather finally arrives.

A spray window cleaner may work, or perhaps diluted vinegar?
      I'll give both of those a try,anythings better than driving with the windows down.Cheers
      Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
        I'll give both of those a try,anythings better than driving with the windows down.Cheers
        Get a product called Rainex it is the mutts nutts
        Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
          Get a product called Rainex it is the mutts nutts
          Keith

Yep RainX, use it all round, leaves a film on the windows and the rain, mist etc just glides off.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Hi Rob,

I would not bother taking off your wind deflectors yet, as I dont have them fitted and I had a problem with my side windows & mirrors (Ohh I wish they were heated!) misting up in the early hours of the morning on a long run.

Try the rainex first and see how it goes.

Paul.
            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

There is a similar product to rainX except it is two part. A liquid to clear the glass and a cream/wax to polish on. Fantastic results, you could take the wipers off!! The name escapes me at the monent, but I'll dig it out when I get home

Anyone know if the later 3rd gen came with heated mirrors, or if something could be retro fitted??

Comment

or if you can't be bothered to go an find some rainX type product I find that normal car polish does the trick, takes the crap off of the glass too.

Rich.
                If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
                X