panhard rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhard rod

I have just bought a panhard rod poly bush kit for a 94 kzn130. There is a pair of bushes in the kit. One is larger than the other and there is one steel tube and one nut and bolt. Is this correct or is the kit I have bought only to do one end of the rod?

Sounds right to me.

One bush for each end of the bar and replacement mounting bolt for one end, the other IIRC mounts to a fixed point on the axle.

Go take a look and photo of your truck and post it and a photo of the kit on here so the experts can double check for you

Comment

It sounds right. I just thought there should probably be another tube for the other bush. Im sure it will all make sence when I take it apart

Comment

Diff end does not have a bush. However, if the kit does not have a large washer for between the nut and bush, then cut this off the original bush or find one.

Nev.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I did this job this afternoon. It was a real pain. The bolt at the chassis end was completely seized in the tube and the mount. After half a can of WD40 and a lot of hammering the end of the bolt was completely mushroomed over and hadnt moved a millimeter.

I ended up taking off the wheel and damper, cutting both ends of the bolt off with a grinder and a cold chisel and levering the rod out.

Then the bush wouldnt budge. I burned the rubber out and cut the outer sleeve. Then reassemble the whole thing with the new bushes and took it for a test.

5 and a half hours later. Car drives fine and most of all no more horrible clunk when going over bumps and round corners.

Comment

Working...
          X