yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lubing a squeaky release bearing mechanism/folk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubing a squeaky release bearing mechanism/folk?

Hey all.

When I press the clutch pedal I get a squeak. It's the same rubber type squeak you'd get from twisting or rubbing together...well...rubber!

I thought it was just the pedal itself until I got down to investigate. It's coming from underneath and the only thing I can think of is the release bearing mechanism.

Here's a photo.

Unfortunately I have no-one to press it while under but I think it's the culprit. I moved it by hand and the squeaky stopped when I went back up and pressed the pedal with my hands. But was there, again, when fully depressing with my foot.

It has a gator shrouding it. Is there a specific way I can lube it without dismantling? What would I use? Grease?

I've seen on another thread someone suggest greasing if I can move the gator. But it sounds more rubbery than metal on metal.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks for your time

Spray some WD40 in to the ball and socket joint circled in your photo....
    Attached Files

Comment

I'll do that now while my veggy soup is cooling

Top man

Comment

Done. Agitated via the clutch pedal then done again.

Hopefully it's the fix and it'll be gone in the morning

Thanks.

Comment

If that solution doesn't last, try motorcycle chain lube...comes out the can like WD but sets to a grease.

Comment

Comment

Still there.

I'll whack some grease, I have, in there and see what happens.

Comment

you can fit a spring to lightly pull the fork back and that will cure your squeak!
                I cant send you a photo of my 4runner fitted with the spring until i get back from the south of France next wednesday!
                You dont want to be squirting grease any where near the release bearing. Particularly if you can't see where its going !!
                Last edited by red barron; 11 September 2013, 17:33.

Comment

Cool...I'd really appreciate that :

It's intermittent so I haven't done anything other than WD40 the ball and cup part.

Been doing a body lift and forgot all about the squeeking.

Comment

Working...
                  X