Front brake hose lengths ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake hose lengths ?

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know the length a KZN130 front brake hose should be (standard and uprated) ?

I ask as ive always thought my braided ones were too long as they had to be looped round so as not to rub on things but it seems that didnt work either as the passenger one decided to pop on the way back from Glastonbury today

Ive got larger than standard tyres and its slightly lifted so if anything id have expected the ones I have on there to be to short !

Im now stuck on what to order due to length as dont want another one thats far too long but also dont want to get a standard one and find it too short !

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Hi Paul,

Can't see the tyres having a bearing on the brake hose length.

How was the lift done?
    If it's standard shocks still on it, the total brake travel shouldn't have changed, I'd expect they'll still limit droop to the standard amount.

Comment

Didnt think of that regarding the wheels but I suppose all the brakesd are still in the same place !

Rear has non standard shocks and springs and front has been wound up on the torsion bars so I guess the question is by how much and by how much I can get away with on standard hoses ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulpen View Post
        Didnt think of that regarding the wheels but I suppose all the brakesd are still in the same place !

Rear has non standard shocks and springs and front has been wound up on the torsion bars so I guess the question is by how much and by how much I can get away with on standard hoses ?
        Someone will correct me if i'm wrong I'm sure, but I don't think you've changed total travel by winding up the torsion bars...I'm plumping for standard hoses on the front.

Comment

Had a bit of a measure session today and did some ordering so will find out if I was correct tomorrow !

The braided one that came off was about 58cm long but the way it was looped up meant its operational length was more 38 - 40cm.

Spoke to roughtrax today and their standard hoses are about 35cm long so going to plump for them and see what happens !

Comment

Originally posted by Paulpen View Post
            Had a bit of a measure session today and did some ordering so will find out if I was correct tomorrow !

The braided one that came off was about 58cm long but the way it was looped up meant its operational length was more 38 - 40cm.

Spoke to roughtrax today and their standard hoses are about 35cm long so going to plump for them and see what happens !
            Would be good to know how you get on. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the replys and will let you know how it pans out - hoping it goes well as need the truck thursday for work !

Comment

Well they both fit and seems ok on steering lock both when flat on the floor and when one side is jacked up off the ground.

I think im going to lower the front down a bit just incase and as the front sits a bit higher and its been niggling at me for ages !

Comment

Working...
                X