will a 31x10.50x15 spare fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a 31x10.50x15 spare fit?

been looking into buying some 31 10/50 15's,but it seems that most tyre packages in that size range come as sets of 4.i'm a little prone to puncture,i've had a couple this year already,and so would prefere the peace of mind in having a spare,but am wondering if a tyre of this size would fit,(my spare is fitted underbody).also,i've set my mind on kumho mud terrains,local fitter can supply,fit and balance for £70.00 per tyre inc vat,which sounds like a good deal,and a search on this site seems to suggest these tyres are pretty good on road.my choice of m/t's is 20 percent practical 80 percent cosmetic.

My buddy Robbie was selling his surf complete with brand new 31" spare unused. So having a poor spare myself we swopped spares before he sold it. Now I cant get the dang thing to sling up underneath coz between it and my towbar theres not enough room. I have it strapped to the floor of the bootspace and I hate having it there, less room for beer

Comment

Generally they will fit, some trucks had 31's as standard from the factory.

Unless you have a towbar that interfears in some way like Jims.

Kumhos are great tyres, had 35" M/T's as daily drivers on my pickup for nearly 2 years, no noticable wear on them. Got 31" M/T's on the 4Runner and they are fine.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

31's it is then.

thanks for that guys,yeah,can see it could be a prob with a towbar,but thankfully mine hasn't got one fitted,so looks as if i'll be ok.cant wait to see my rig fitted with those chunky boots!i dont have much call for motorway driving,and living in norfolk means most journeys are like an off-road experience anyway,so maybe the m/t's will be justified.glad to hear the kumhos wear well,and the m/t's aren't like driving on marbles!i'll get them fitted next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
          My buddy Robbie was selling his surf complete with brand new 31" spare unused. So having a poor spare myself we swopped spares before he sold it. Now I cant get the dang thing to sling up underneath coz between it and my towbar theres not enough room. I have it strapped to the floor of the bootspace and I hate having it there, less room for beer

have the problem although i have 35/12.5/15 on mine and i resorted to a alloy roof carrier wich looks really good
          if at first you dont succeed..... bollock

Comment

Originally posted by lizardinc
            have the problem although i have 35/12.5/15 on mine and i resorted to a alloy roof carrier wich looks really good
            What kinda lift you got on that then?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsurf
              What kinda lift you got on that then?
              i have a 7'' lift kit on mine came from japan like that really proffesional job and looks awsome
              if at first you dont succeed..... bollock

Comment

Working...
              X