Sun roof leaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun roof leaking!

My sun roof has started to leak, BUT it's been stuck shut since I bought the car, so does anyone know the best way to get it open again without breaking it?
    It's a 3rd gen, the motor is trying to move but the mechanism is stuck somewhere.
    Any ideas?

Don't quote me on this but I think you can manually override it by removing the panel where the switch is, I'm sure there is an Alan key hole to wind it by hand.

I Appologise if I'm wrong for having you pull the panel off for nothing.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

2nd generetion has a plug you remove and insert a tool to manually wind. Maybe same for the 3rd generation. Think this just works if motor is not working, but cables may be broken.

Nev.

Comment

I don't remember a manual over-ride.

you can remove the bits of trim on the inside on each side to undo 4 nuts and lift the glass out. From there you might be able to see what is jamming the mechanism, - or at least gain access to check / unblock the 4 drain holes (one each corner)

On mine the front seal that is bonded to the glass had failed, so I bought another from Toyota.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

F#…!ng sunroof!
          Just spent most of the day trying to free it off.
          The right hand worm drive is seized solid but without taking the whole head lining out along with the plastic trim all the way to the back and the handles and seat belt mounts I can't reach the rear frame bolts

So I've put it back together as even if I got it out it looks beyond redemption.

Balls!

Comment

Only one solution.........

Gaffa tape!
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Unblock the drains.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
              X