yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low cost RAD with 2 year warranty (Romford Radiators)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low cost RAD with 2 year warranty (Romford Radiators)

...I need a new radiator as the "just had a new radiator put in" one is leaking. Terminal.

So I'm looking around.

Europarts want near £300

Roughtrax want £140 (regardless of how much they're loved, here...I haven't got that spare right now...but will wait if I must)

eBay seller is selling ones reduced from £100+ (which I can see past buyers have paid) to £70. 2 year warranty. The warranty requires a trained mechanic to fit, though.

Anyone used Romford Radiators? Not think they're shit. Actually used them and know whether they are or not?

Would appreciate your thoughts/experiences as it's a massive difference...but I know buying cheap crap can give you crap results.

You say the leak is terminal.
    Did you puncture the core?

Any good?
    http://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/prices...RF&make=TOYOTA
    Last edited by shokenore; 15 April 2013, 20:12.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Not me...but yeh...it is punctured. I asked the mechanic to check the for the leak (when doing the timing belt) and he found a puncture. I didn't get time to check, myself, but noted it was slowly losing water and could see it on the drive. He found it.

Only had it a week or two and I'm working through the issues. Nailing them, too. But some are bigger than others.

That one in your link ( btw) is pretty much the same sounding as the eBay guy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1709558197...84.m1436.l2649

Might be worth the risk. But the £90 one is close enough to the Roughtrax one to not justify it. £65 sounds a bargain. But I'm aware of buy cheap buy twice.

Hmmm.

Comment

The Advanced lot that I linked to say they do repairs.Plus they are loca(lish).
        That might be worth enquiring about.It may well be a simple and more cost effective repair route than getting a new radiator.

I appreciate the risk factor with eBay stuff but it is not always garbage that gets flogged on there.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Ah, I will enquire

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          I appreciate the risk factor with eBay stuff but it is not always garbage that gets flogged on there.
          Agreed 100%

But it's a pretty damn good price Suspiciously so (gift horse, mouth?).

I've emailed them to get a feel for their product confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            Ah, I will enquire

Agreed 100%

But it's a pretty damn good price Suspiciously so (gift horse, mouth?).

I've emailed them to get a feel for their product confidence.
            Maybe cheaper than the competition if they are just an ebay seller with not many overheads?
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

This is it.

They can't be simply discounted as rubbish. But wise approach is, well, wise

Comment

They supply the newer type of tocool rad with the ally core and the plastic top and bottom tanks.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HI-...item43b7fefddc

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                    They supply the newer type of tocool rad with the ally core and the plastic top and bottom tanks.
                    That's good to know Or would have been...

The current one is a Tocool and it's not lasted, though.

But either way...Romford never got back to me so I bit the bullet and bought the double priced RoughTrax one! Was too scared to risk anything.

I hope it's as good as they make out...and not just an over-priced identical one.

Comment

Double priced RoughTrax one turned up.

Looks identical to the £60 eBay ones and isn't what's shown or described on their site.

Plastic top and alu core. Not that those are bad things...just not what I was expecting. Full metal tanks etc.

Of course...looks mean nothing. Going to contact them as I avoided the others to buy theirs.

Comment

Credit where credit's due...they've updated the website and are sorting out collection etc.

Top job

Comment

I bought a rad from roughtrax only a month or two ago and it was a steel tank one. No problems so far

Comment

This is becoming laughable:

So RoughTrax were awesome and have had the radiator collected. Remember...only because the alu and plastic ones are available elsewhere for far less (not saying they're as good a quality, though). They updated their site and have been awesome.

The one I got from eBay arrived quickly...but is NOT the alu and plastic one shown in the listing It's the full metal one.

Why can't radiator sellers just show what they supply, man

Onwards...

Comment

Was that from Romford Rads ? - I bought my rad from them 3 weeks ago and it was plastic / ally .

Comment

Working...
                              X