Help with non Surf issue please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with non Surf issue please

As well as my Surf, being brought very slowly back to life, my wife's Frontera has died, I need to find a supplier of push rods and lifters for a 2.5L Isuzu diesel engine. The push rods are unobtainable by the looks of it and there's only 5 lifters left in the UK at just under £40 each.

Does anyone know where I might get a set of 8 push rods to fit the engine or is there another engine that I can use them from, or do I need to replace all 8?

Any help with the lifters would help as well, is it ok to use second hand ones?

Thanks in advance

No help but I thought the 2.5 frontera was a VM engine and the 2.8 was isuzu?

Comment

There is a frontera owners forum similar to this. Maybe worth a google and asking there.

Comment

The engine has Isuzu embossed on the rocker cover, the local Isuzu dealer has confirmed it is an Isuzu engine but was never fitted to Troopers or pick-ups and without part numbers are unable to search or supply parts. The registration isn't recognized either.
        Already a member of the Frontera forum, apparently, the push rods are made of unobtanium. I've since found out that there's no harm in using second hand push rods as long as they're not damaged, so while searching for scrap yard goodies will also be seeing if I can have one of my push rods cross referenced to see if anything else is the same

Comment

Working...
        X