fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel leak

just wondered if anyone has had similar problem??? recently my 2.4 surf has developed a fuel leak it only happens when cold on start up then stops after a couple of minutes ???? any help welcome thanks

Fuel pumps leak commonly, where roughly is the leak?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

I'm hopefully repairing mine tomorrow, I put new upper and lower ball joints on the truck today. I hope to never EVER have to do it again, it was murder....

Paul

Comment

its leaking from pump area but hard to see where exactly ,,, just wondered why it stops too ???

Comment

Small leak, pump could warm up and seal itself with expansion, fill the fuel filter with ATF thus sometimes works.

Comment

Originally posted by PM0077 View Post
            I'm hopefully repairing mine tomorrow, I put new upper and lower ball joints on the truck today. I hope to never EVER have to do it again, it was murder....

Paul
            What was the issue? Did you forget to jack and support the upper arm?

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
              What was the issue? Did you forget to jack and support the upper arm?
              No, I remembered that. I reckon the ball joints were the original ones from when the truck rolled out the factory so were a bugger to get out (plus i'm only a wee fella). I did overcome my fear of angle grinders today though

Paul

Comment

A hammer blow in the sweet spot free's balljoints every time.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                X