yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear shockabsorbers removing old units..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear shockabsorbers removing old units..?

Hi Folks..
    Just in the middle of getting my MOT failure repairs done. Now on to replacing leaky rear shockers. However, Ive got new non adjustable munroes, but cant work out how to get the old hard/ soft units off. its buried so high up at the top I cant even see how they are attached, bottoms easy but ....?
    Ideas..?

..Dont worry everybody....Ive done it...!!!! *&%$&£* things..!!!

Comment

shock absorber actuator mounts

I've recently been through the same -- there's some chat on here about two bolts, but mine seem to have a pair of spring tabs either side you have to push in to remove the cap with the actuator, before you can get to the shock bolt.

I took a pic of the ###### thing when I finally got it off, thought I'd share it in case it helps anyone else! front and rear are the same design.
      Attached Files

Comment

cut them off

I had same problem last year - you can just about get a spanner on the top nut but they were rusted solid.

My solution was to cut through the very top of the mounting stud with a slitting disk on a grinder and then push the stubs out of the top.

Be careful though - you need to cut the stubs as high as you possibly can or you wont be able to get them out (then you'll be really knackered as you wont be able to hold them to cut them shorter!). Also it's very tight with the grinder.

Comment

Working...
        X