Little Red Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Red Button

Little red button in front of auto gear select lever on my KZN130 now has to be pressed in order to get it out of Park each and every time I drive this vehicle.It happened all of a sudden one day when I pulled into a lay-by to make a phone call and when I went to pull away the gear select lever would not move until I pressed the button and moved the lever at the same time.Obviously some safety feature has kicked in to activate the solenoid that locks it out.Any ideas as to the culprit?

Check you brake lights, if ok check the brake light fuse, if ok check the brake light switch.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

As above. When a brake ligh bulb blows (or otherwise does not work) then the circuit to unlock is broken, which means you have to press the button to bypass it.

Nev

Comment

little red button

Originally posted by muddle View Post
        Check you brake lights, if ok check the brake light fuse, if ok check the brake light switch.
        Many thanks for info---turned out to be fuse,surprised nobody hadn't rear ended me!

Comment

little red button

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          As above. When a brake ligh bulb blows (or otherwise does not work) then the circuit to unlock is broken, which means you have to press the button to bypass it.

Nev
          Many thanks----turned out to be brake light fuse,surprised nobody had rear ended me!

Comment

Originally posted by bendavies666 View Post
            Many thanks----turned out to be brake light fuse,surprised nobody had rear ended me!
            Try a different aftershave.

Comment

Working...
            X