Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seats

Hi there......

Has anyone ever tried fitting New seats to the surf ?

On long journeys I find the seats hard and not enough leg room...... I can easily enough source some new seats that will fit in......but I want to give a little more leg room and I don't suppose the new seats will bolt to the floor if I did that. I suppose I could just drill new holes, stick New bolts through and add some kind of reinforcing plate......but will that pass an MOT ?

Richard

Sure I seen a post recently of someone going to fit Subaru seats cos they are a close fit will try and find the post. Or try the search function.
    Someone will be along shortly with more knowledge to say in wrong lol

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73545

Might be not what your after but will hold you in a better position

Comment

Impreza seats Definately give loads more leg room , its the first mod I do on all my surfs , I get them off a breaker £20 a pair when he has them . 3 bolt holes line up perfect with the original holes , one has to be chopped and flattened to line up but takes about 30mins to do .
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Unless you are over 6'2" and then they are a pain in the head
          Ducking to look out the window isn't ideal neither is catching your forehead on the frame!
          I prefer the standard seats lower seating feels more secure. But if you do happen to be vertically challenged an extra couple of inches never hurt anybody...

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Thanks !

Thank-you gentlemen !

That's the second time I've had a query and got an almost instant answer from this forum ! Much appreciated !

I think I'm going to yank the old seats out and have a look at what can be slotted in. I might experiment a bit ! If that fails....the Impreza it is !

Comment

You'll find lots of different seats fit if you use the search facility.

Comment

Working...
              X