yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when you let your radiator leak constantly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you let your radiator leak constantly...

For Technical Mechanical General

http://postimage.org/image/ygh7h4669

http://postimage.org/image/r1rvoqkap/

Ouch! Looks like I'll have to cut the whole section out and weld a new one in. That's going to be fun.

Has anyone ever had to replace part of their chassis, on a 2nd gen Hilux Surf? I sure would appreciate some advice.

Comment

the bit where the steering box attaches on will be stuffed to.
      it will be cheaper and easier to swap the chassis rather than try and repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
        the bit where the steering box attaches on will be stuffed to.
        it will be cheaper and easier to swap the chassis rather than try and repair it.
        I'm no mechanic but are you serious? Easier to swap the whole chassis?

A body lift took me the best part of seven hours. To take the whole body off, remove the engine, suspension and every other part then replace them on a new chassis would take........... Well, forever.

What you smokin' brother?

Comment

vince done it

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=75741&page=3

post 27
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

That's just the front cross member and could be replaced. It's a lot thinner than the rest of the chassis and prone to rust anyway on most. Just replace that section.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
              I'm no mechanic but are you serious? Easier to swap the whole chassis?

A body lift took me the best part of seven hours. To take the whole body off, remove the engine, suspension and every other part then replace them on a new chassis would take........... Well, forever.

What you smokin' brother?
              the finest !

its not just the cross member you would have to replace. everything from approx engine mounts forward would have to be cut off and new section off another chassis be welded in. would need a jig a some sort to make sure the new section was in the right place and whatever paperwork you guys require over there for chassis welding. you may require certed welder etc (sorry don't know your rules) so it may be a shop job which means $$$$.

had similar problem myself but fortunatly not that bad.

edit: i should add that the water tends go up the chassis and rust out around the suspension and steering box points. which is why with such a bad case it will be whole front end to be replaced not just the front cross member.
              Last edited by tweak'e; 24 February 2013, 03:44.

Comment

Working...
              X