A few general ones !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few general ones !

Seeing as im soon on the hunt to find a Surf and know nothing about them thought id ask some simple stuff to get me going !

It seems that multimode 4wd is prefered and I understand how it works etc but wondered how you tell if a SUrf has it and why its prefered ?

Is it due to preference or is it better for towing with etc - I plan on using mine for going to work, long distance and towing so need a truck to fit the job !

Also what are the running cost differences between the varying diesels and petrol with lpg ?

Do the petrols like lpg or does it cause issues with the engines ?

Also is the 2.4 diesel overheating such a big issue as everyone makes it out to be or should I be 100% after a 3.0D ?

Sorry if these pop up alot but thought id ask as they are more opinion based

Paul

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...highlight=icon

2.4 and 3.0 (2nd gen) economy is near as dammit the same, but the 3.0 'feels' like it has twice the power. Both have basic 4WD systems.
    There is a 3.0 V6 petrol 2nd gen, but it likes to drink more than the diesels!

Only, but not all 3rd gens have the multi-mode options.

There is no 2.4 3rd gen.

The 2.7 petrol (3rd gen) is slightly more thrifty on the fuel, much smoother to drive and petrol is cheaper so thats a win, win.

If you're thinking about LPG-ing a petrol Surf before you've even bought one, then you're looking to buy the wrong type of vehicle. Surfs are not commuting vehicles, thats what Euroboxes are for.

Comment

Ahhh so not all of them have the icon on the gauge then - I thought that they might all have it to show when in 4wd etc !

As for the mpg I know that any 4wd is never going to be good on fuel but seeing as im not fussed what fuel it is I may aswell go for the cheper to run vehicle if it pops up . I certainly wont be lpg-ing one myself but have seen a couple that have had it done already !

Comment

Originally posted by Paulpen View Post
        Ahhh so not all of them have the icon on the gauge then - I thought that they might all have it to show when in 4wd etc !
        If the car has "standard" 4WD (not multi-mode), there'll still be an icon within the instrument cluster, but it doesn't have the circle in the middle. It lights up green when 4WD is selected.

Comment

Working...
        X