Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Q (again)

Q for the experts.

Is the 2.4 CT20 turbo on the LT-E the same as the LT engines ?

Thanks in advance

Same fo all the LN130 series 2L-T and 2L-TE but different to the earlier LN6# series.

Nev

Comment

Cheers Blue

Comment

i think 2lt(1) runs a different turbo to 2lt(2). there is minor differences between 2lt(2) and 2lte.

Comment

Any idea what these differences might be Tweak'e

Seems the Southern Hemisphere are a bit clued up.

Comment

they're the same, Just make sure you get a CT20 and not a CT20A. The turbo was also fitted to older Supras, but the twin turbo versions had a CT20 and a CT20A, but if i remember correctly the CT20A had a different wastegate design.
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

2L-TE and 2L-TEII turbos are the same except maybe a small difference in the wastegate actuator. Not sure what this could be, because part number is different but I don't know why.

The earlier 2L-T as far as I know, has at least a round port from manifold whereas the other is a square port and probably a few other differences.

Nev

Comment

Nev!
                i don't think there is a 2lte 1 and 2. only 2lt came in two different versions. there is also the 2lthe (?) which is the high power version of the 2lte. i think its in one of the cars.

2lt-1 has the round exhaust port turbo.

with 2lt-2 and 2lte i think there is some small changes in compressor scroll etc. probably nothing in the part manual, just minor tweaks during production.
                tho people reporting different amounts of boost may mean different wastegate springs where used. there is something like 3-4 different hp outputs over the years.
                also at one stage there was a non water cooled version, avoid like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
                  Nev!
                  i don't think there is a 2lte 1 and 2. only 2lt came in two different versions. there is also the 2lthe (?) which is the high power version of the 2lte. i think its in one of the cars.
                  I actually meant 2L-TE and 2l-TII turbos are the same apart from maybe a difference in wastegate actuator.

The 2L-THE is actually the same engine, just with a higher pressure Injection Pump.

Nev

Comment

Wow, this is great, nice to see all the input from you blokes, The main reason I ask is that my turbo went south a few months ago, I fitted one from a breakers to get me out of the s**t but this was a gamble that did not pay off. I've been quoted £380+vat for a complete rebuild of my original unit (only recoverable parts are the castings). However there are many sellers offering CT20's online but mainly for the 2LT engine, I just wondered what the score was.

Comment

if new they will be all Chinese turbo's. they fit, work ok. mine didn't last long tho.

Comment

So we're back to catch 22, get what you pay for, or shell out for expensive refurb which may or may not use OEM parts. How long did your Peking duck last for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza52 View Post
                          How long did your Peking duck last for?
                          can't quite remember.....8 months ? i did mention it on aussie surf forum.
                          not daily driven so stuff all k's. bearings went and blew oil out the front seals and turbine was just hitting the side. fortunately compressor side wasn't to bad apart from the leaking oil.
                          turbo repair guys didn't want to touch it with a 20ft pole so i got the old one recondition at about double the price of buying the Chinese one.

Comment

Working...
                          X