IFS Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Upgrade

As Some of you may know I am not currently running a surf but I am hot on the hunt for a new one.

I am however running a LC Collorado which is kina like a surf.

The thing I am looking for at the moment though is lifting the LC. I have 1.5" extended shocks and springs on it now but I am looking for more, both lift and travel and seeing as though Its pretty much Identical to the 3rd gen surf/4Runner I thought I would extend my search for ideas over here. If thats ok with you all.

I have seen a couple of options from the US that I like the look of but 1 is stupid money and I worry that the other is too cheap.

First option c.£3k
    http://www.chaosfab.com/96-04-Tacoma...Kit-96000.html
    This one looks fantastic.

Second option c.£500
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRA-TP48SSV/?rtype=10
    Looks a little to good to be true.

Any help or Ideas or experiences would be most welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Chris

Would love a lift on my truck, maybe next year. Glad to see someone from hull buddy
    hi dudes

Comment

Steve does the 3rd gen have coils or leafs on the back. If coils I may have an Iron Man 1.5 inch lift coming up quite cheap sometime soon.

Comment

It's coils buddy, your free to examine my truck anytime buddy. Where abouts in hull are you?
        hi dudes

Comment

North off Endike Lane, Off Beverley Road. May have to take you up on that offer. Especially If I decide to go totally insane and spend 3 grand on a suspension upgrade from america for a different car.

Comment

No worries, have to confess haven't a clue on these hilux's but I didn't buy it to tinker with it. I bought one because I've always loved the way they look, if that's a crime I'm guilty as charged. I'm moorhouse off Willerby road
            hi dudes

Comment

I love the look too mate. its why I am still after one for my DD.

Comment

Had one before in 2007 if I remember correctly, had it a week. You can read about it here lol. Still didn't put me off, still love them, always will. Did consider the Mitsubishi shogun sport for looks, until I read the reviews surf IMHO looks way better and cooler
                hi dudes

Comment

Yeah I read about the one you had in 2007. About the same time I had mine. Bad luck with that one mate. Coincidentally I had to rebuild the rear axle on my colorado this time last year as one of the upper control arm mounts had rusted through and I figured that seeing as though it out it may as well get refurbed. Did you ever see the white think it was 2nd get that used to run around here. All spoilers and fairings, looked like it was lowered aswell. Really liked the look of it.

Comment

No, can't say I've ever seen that one mate. Not many surfs in hull, that's why I like them
                    hi dudes

Comment

That first kit is rather nice

I run a lifted 3rd Gen.

It has a Roughtrax 2" lift kit that sagged a lot after 1 year and some enthusiastic off road use.

I boosted it with a 3" billet spacer lift kit and it sits about right now.

Also fitted is a 1" body lift, and a 1" diff drop kit.

Extended extra flexible Inner CV boots

Polly bushes at the front.

Just seeking out an adjustable rear panhard bar now, and want lengthened front ARB links (Don't bother with the front ARB spacers, they are rubbish)
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X