Power Steering help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering help please

The Power steering on my 1995 3.0 Surf has a problem, when I first start from cold it does not work, after a few minutes of use it's OK. It's scary when you pull out onto the road and can't straighten up! I have checked and filled the fluid. I am not sure whether it will be the pump or the steering box can anyone help please, Regards Ross

Originally posted by rdm5555 View Post
    The Power steering on my 1995 3.0 Surf has a problem, when I first start from cold it does not work, after a few minutes of use it's OK. It's scary when you pull out onto the road and can't straighten up! I have checked and filled the fluid. I am not sure whether it will be the pump or the steering box can anyone help please, Regards Ross

May well be worth looking at the power steering pump belt,it may need adjusting.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
      May well be worth looking at the power steering pump belt,it may need adjusting.
      It's a 3.0, Keep up.

Does it make any whirring noises, like when low on fluid or airlocked? Not had this problem before, maybe the vanes in the pump are worn/sticking, or something else is tight on the steering.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'll get my coat
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          It's a 3.0, Keep up.

Does it make any whirring noises, like when low on fluid or airlocked? Not had this problem before, maybe the vanes in the pump are worn/sticking, or something else is tight on the steering.
          Yes it does, topped it up but I'll check for an air lock. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            I'll get my coat
            Thanks anyway. Regards Ross

Comment

As others have suggested ya may have an airlock n may need to Prime the PSP (after topping up turn PSP.
              Did it run dry before topping it up ?.... try this .....

Start engine n move steering from lock to lock about six to twelve times each ...
              Good Luck .....

11+ Years of Surf's ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
              X