• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye must have been!
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
      I come from Islay on the west coast of Scotland.....lots of very good Single malt whisky.
      Isn't there something like 8 distilleries on Islay? Shared a guesthouse last year with a German fella who was a Professor in Malt (according to him) and he was real excited as he was going to Islay to tour each one.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
        Isn't there something like 8 distilleries on Islay? Shared a guesthouse last year with a German fella who was a Professor in Malt (according to him) and he was real excited as he was going to Islay to tour each one.
        hmmm,

Was he also going to the malted milk biscuit factory and the Ovaltine plant? Not to mention the Malteser Factory...

Either he was an expert in all things malted, OR

Was he just some crazy alcoholic German bloke, who professed to liking malt whiskies?!?!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Was he just some crazy alcoholic German bloke, who professed to liking malt whiskies?!?!
          More than likely.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
            More than likely.
            Yea there is a fair few distilleries there and the one crazy bloke that you met will probably join the rest of them that go over sometimes just to do a whisky tour... some of them fly from as far as Japan just for the tours!..... Remember once a guy from a sweedish whisky magazine (dint know there was such a thing at the time), buying a dram from each Islay Single Malt in the bar (some of them were about £200+ and that was about 17/18years ago) and just taking a sip from each one for his article. Absolutely crazy some of the things folk do....then there are the birdwatchers that come over........

Nice place tho......

Rob
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Cheers for the help, guys...the car passed its MOT- well, it failed but that wasn't to do with the tyres.

I've passed/been passed by a few rozzers and had no trouble so far...fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
              X