Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Retract Window WIPER - how to find a Replacement

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me please, I have painstakingly searched for a wiper for my rear retractable window to replace my old one. I have not found any at all.
    The wiper itself and the arm works great! It's the blade that's the problem. I wanna get a new blade+holder for it.

1. Is there a unique name to that kind of wiper?
    2. Is there a brand other than toyota that carries that kind of wiper?
    3. Is there a substitute wiper arm, body to swap it with? (worse case scenario)

You help will greatly be appreciated! happy truckin!

Last edited by mj1226; 20 September 2012, 19:58.

When i changed the blade i just got a generic one from Halfrauds senza wiper arm and fidded around with it till it goes in the little rail then you are sorted
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Roughtrax have them, I'm not sure if they send to the Phillipines?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=885&vid=776
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
        Roughtrax have them, I'm not sure if they send to the Phillipines?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=885&vid=776

Thank you so much for the help! That is exactly What I am looking for.
        I was going to order a 3L radiator and suspension lift kits from ROUGHTRAX but they emailed me and said they don't ship internationally. (bummer)

It really sucks here! car parts here are expensive, especially shocks and suspension parts are highly marked up AND the products are no good!
        They don't even have enough stuff for surfs. Barely have any lift kits at all.
        Only from known retailers but very very limited retailers and very very limited product choices. Just the OEM parts. Not so much performance or aftermarket parts especially for surf.
        (civics and corollas are the common ones)

I am scouring to buy for several stuff for my surf, including intercooler, IFS&rear suspension lift kits, Shocks, Torsion bars, wind visor/rain guards, Plasma or Indiglow in-dash guages, Safari Snorkel, EngineBay Silicone Tubings like samco.... many more stuff.

I hope I can find a retailer who sends internationally. I hope to find a retailer from Perth, Australia and New Zealand.

If you got some info, I sure would love to hear about it.

And if you got performance advice, or any advice/tip info or source, sure love to hear about it too.

givin' my surf tender lovin care!
        Last edited by mj1226; 20 September 2012, 19:42.

Comment

is that your surf in your avatar lord_flashart?

Very nice roof rack. Those are the types I wanna put, with auxiliary search lights.

Your rims are similar to mine, but mine is chrome. same form somewhat.

Shop says my lug nuts used are not the right ones.

What should we use?
          ACORN TYPE or FLAT LUG NUT?

Comment

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post

Shop says my lug nuts used are not the right ones.

What should we use?
            ACORN TYPE or FLAT LUG NUT?
            It depends on your wheels, its pretty easy to see what nuts you need just by looking at the wheel, they are either tapered hole or straight sided ones.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Rear wiper arm/blade here and does appear they ship abroad

http://www.milneroffroad.com/toyota-...per-blade-each
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                It depends on your wheels, its pretty easy to see what nuts you need just by looking at the wheel, they are either tapered hole or straight sided ones.
                Hi Tony,

Nice of you to respond and help me out.

Well, hmmm I am uncertain what to use really. Since my lug nuts that attach my wheels are from my original factory rims for surf ln130's.

But i really feel I need to use a flat head lug nut but I somehow notice a tiny tapered patern in the wheel hole when I had the wheels removed to be rotated. And also one of my lug-bolts is cut so I can see one of the wheel's hole.

tires are 33x12.5 R15... I am thinking of switching to R16 or R18 or R20, Which would be best? City drive 98% of the time. Better diesel mileage and acceleration?

Here are two images, I hope this helps us in figuring out what type of lug nut to use... Tony, for your perusal:

Last edited by mj1226; 25 September 2012, 20:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                  Rear wiper arm/blade here and does appear they ship abroad

http://www.milneroffroad.com/toyota-...per-blade-each

Koi thank you so much for the help! I really really appreciate it. I will be checking out that url that you sent. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post
                    Hi Tony,

Nice of you to respond and help me out.

Well, hmmm I am uncertain what to use really. Since my lug nuts that attach my wheels are from my original factory rims for surf ln130's.

But i really feel I need to use a flat head lug nut but I somehow notice a tiny tapered patern in the wheel hole when I had the wheels removed to be rotated. And also one of my lug-bolts is cut so I can see one of the wheel's hole.

tires are 33x12.5 R15... I am thinking of switching to R16 or R18 or R20, Which would be best? City drive 98% of the time. Better diesel mileage and acceleration?

Here are two images, I hope this helps us in figuring out what type of lug nut to use... Tony, for your perusal:

Those are the wrong nuts for that type of wheel. I won't bang on about just how stupidly dangerous that set-up is. Just get them changed, now!
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

yeah I hear you Albannach. Thank you so much! The rims lug bolt holes are slightly tappered somehow and I am barely using my hilux now anyways.

I'm shopping for lug nuts but don't know exactly what to get.

Not sure if 12x1.25 acorn type is what I should get, I believe?

Last edited by mj1226; 16 October 2012, 05:42.

Comment

If you want to order from Roughtrax or anyone lese you can just get a shipper of your choice to pick up from them and deliver, it's often cheaper too.

I've used this lot

Comment

The thread size is M12 X 1.5. I believe this is the type you need for your steel rims.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24-x-ALLO...-/230692481619

Nev

Comment

Working...
                          X