Standard sized tyres rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard sized tyres rubbing

My truck failed the mot today, one of the points was the front drivers side tyre rubbing on the anti roll bar on full right lock. I'm afraid to say i don't have 33's or anything similar. The tyres are 30x9.50r15 and the fronts are the same as when i bought it. I dont think the wheels are standard and the markings on the rear state "15x6.5 30off 186"

Would fitting slight spacers cure this problem or can i adjust the steering stop to lessen the lock just slightly?

I have searched but all the wheel rubbing threads seem to be about larger tyres rubbing on arches etc.

Thanks
    Darren
    Non consternationes.

Too much positive offset. A 25mm spacer will make them +5 offset which may be enought to correct the rubbing issue. Better to get proper rims though.

Nev

Comment

It wil be the offset on the non standard wheels doing it.
      Don't think you will be able to adjust the stops enough and if you do it will decrease the turning circle.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Thanks for the replys, it's not been an issue untill mr mot man thought so.
        As soon as i have a bit of cash i feel an ad in the wanted section coming up.

Ta
        Dazza
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Quick fix for the MOT - take the roll bar off.

I had a problem where the roll bar had slipped too much to on side too,try slackening it of anc centralizing it.
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

AFAIK, If the vehicle was tested with the A/R bar fitted it has to be present when it is brought back for the re-test. I may be wrong and the rules may have changed.
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

and....if the ARB is slipping it should probably be inspected for damage, worn bushes, rotten clamps etc.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It also needs new arb bushes for the test so i will make sure the bar is central then check it. That may sort it but there are no marks on the bar where it may have moved.
                Non consternationes.

Comment

With those rims you also better check clearance between rim and Steering Knuckle/Tie Rod Ends. I think you will find it is very close to touching.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                  X