Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Wipers - Nylon bush on wiper motor arm

Hi,

I have lots of play in my front wipers. A wee bit of investigation under the scuttle, shows that the nylon bush is worn to pieces where the motor arm is joined to the wiper linkages.

Can you buy these things individually? I've tried looking round the forum and google, but to no avail.

Any ideas???

Cheers
    Al

toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by red barron View Post
      toyota!
      Red Barron, I'd tried my local dealer, hence the request for help. According to them, I'd have to buy a new motor as the part does not have it's own part number.

I'll drill out and fit a bolt and some nylon washers.

Comment

Hello.

Nice of you to introduce yourself and not just wade in with a question.

Anyhoo; according to the EPC, the bushes are not available separitely. It looks like there is no bush on the motor, they all appear to be on the linkage.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi, many thanks for the comments. Yes, I'm new to Surfs and this forum, so appreciate the feedback. Bought mine from a friend, a couple of months back and am just working my way round her as there's quite a growing list of things needing done.

So far I'm really impressed with her and enjoying fixing her up. The wipers were bugging me so a new bolt, a couple of nylon washers and 20mm roller bearing is so far working a treat.

Next job CV boots!

Cheers

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Hello.

Nice of you to introduce yourself and not just wade in with a question.

Anyhoo; according to the EPC, the bushes are not available separitely. It looks like there is no bush on the motor, they all appear to be on the linkage.
            separately

Comment

Working...
            X