Whistly turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistly turbo

My turbo seems to be whistling louder than usual, admitedly I've got the windows open and the radio turned down but I'm sure it's louder than normal Is this something I should be worried about? Is the turbo on it's way out?
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

mine does this, dont believe its an issue as it boosts fine and dosent lose oil. may be that youre actually listening for it now. but think theyre all louder than normal turbo cars etc.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

When i did the rocker cover, i accidently left one of the vac pipes off, it was a littke down on power and whistled a lot. pipe back on, whistle reduced. mines always had a small whistle, but as has been said boosts nicely and no leaks. check your intake system for tightness as you will hear it more if not all tight. get a open filter to replace the airbox and you'll hear lots of turbo type noises, none of them nice....
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

its only a problem when you get to the stage where you try to play tunes with it......

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
          its only a problem when you get to the stage where you try to play tunes with it......
          Make sure the hose from filter to cross over pipe not split,you do not want that as unfilered air gets straight to turbo!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED.

Comment

its only a problem when you get to the stage where you realise it's a 2.4......
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              OI!

Comment

It was the pipe to the turbo, it is split - currently gaffer taped! going to measure up and order a silicone one

Comment

OI!
                  Sorry but I couldn't resist.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

You may find it to be a gasket breaking down on the inlet manifold
                    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Nope it was deffo the turbo inlet elbow pipe, gaffer tape has temporarily cured it.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                        Nope it was deffo the turbo inlet elbow pipe, gaffer tape has temporarily cured it.
                        Have you ever seen a Turbocharger that's ingested gaffer tape?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Have you ever seen a Turbocharger that's ingested gaffer tape?
                          Not yet! but might soon I've got a spare in the garage.

Comment

Working...
                          X