Correct stubby aerial for SSRX 3.0??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct stubby aerial for SSRX 3.0??

Been poking around with my aerial (non-functional) and removed the 18" or so of gizzards etc. but motor must be dead/not connected due to aftermarket stereo.

Rather than lash out £120 plus on a new aerial motor assembly I am looking for a temp fix of the short, bee-sting type.

Does anyone know the correct part/have a link for these please? Have searched on here and of course Ebay but no joy yet. It would need to fit that threaded post that lurks just under the wing and which receives the four-slotted collar.

Jon

I took out the radio reconnected a wire and it worked.

Comment

OK will have a stab at that.

Any particular wire? Or just keep fiddling till something blows or works?

Comment

From memory I had a green and a red.
        I put green on a switchable live (yellow) and it worked, problem is the aerial trigger (blue) wire on the srereo was used for an amp in the rear.
        I think the aerial gets its power independently and the two wires I had were just the up or down triggers.

Comment

Well, I spent the last hour or so before dusk (why do I always start these things then??) having a dig around and I think I may have nailed it.

At the back of the stereo, I found a blue and a yellow wire which had been severed. I rejoined them and, sure enough, when the stereo goes on or off, I hear a whirring sound for about 10 secs.

Someone must have clipped these off when the mast failed, thinking that the motor had also gone.

Hopefully, when the new mast arrives, it will all start working again!

Thanks for the tips with this.

Comment

It worked! Can hardly believe it but it did. All speakers working and the aerial retracts and extends.

One last question: Should it sit 100% flush to the wing or is there always about 4 inches of the thickest aerial tube standing proud? I can't seen anything lodged in there, so I had assumed it was kosher like this.

It says "don't shorten the drive cable" so have left it alone. Any inside knowledge about this from anyone??

Comment

Should retract all the way down, not leave 4" up.

I replaced mine with a complete Hirschmann offa ebay. £40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIRSCHMANN...item3f128622ff

Slaved the up/down off the head unit's Amp remote power on.
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Sure enough, there was a four-inch stub of busted aerial mast in the tube. After two days of dogged fishing with every tool I could muster, I finally got it out with a carefully tailored hook of stiff wire.

Aerial now sitting flush!

Comment

Working...
                X