X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb + fuel pump timing = help

Hi there Surf gods,

It is I back again.

Still have my pride and Joy. Refuse to part with it. K reg 2.4 2LTE.

Since I got it in December I have replaced the oil filter, fuel filter, the seals on the fuel pump as it started leaking, timing belt and water pump last week as the bearings went in that also.

I say I but the fancy jobs were done by a friend. However his knowledge seems to dwindle at the timing of the fuel pump. The car is struggling to get to 40mph and any incline I'm lucky to get 20mph.

I guess since the pump has physically been out of the car that it needs timed up properly. I don't know how to do this or what it involves or anything really.

Any help on how to do it, what it consists of, how long it takes etc would be awesome as you always are!

Regards

Delta Delta

There is a mark on the pump body and matching line on the engine, line them up.

Its not rocket science.

(this is a 3.0, the 'prosessing surface' bit on a 2.4 looks slightly different, its just a line like on the pump.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When my fuel pump got changed last year it ran like a bag of spanners with no power. Everything checked out fine when it went back to the mechanic who is good with surfs. After some digging about here I found out about purging the ECU so that it would adapt (if thats the right word) to the new fuel pump. Done the purg which is really straightforward and it's ran sweet as a nut ever since.

Comment

Working...
      X