Rear heater not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear heater not working

My rear passenger heater isn't working, although the front passenger heaters do.

Is it the same heater matrix for the rear heater as the front?

The low/hi fan works, but only blows out cool air.

Any pointers where to start looking tomorrow morning would be gratefully received.
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

You should find a separate fan and heater matrix underneath the drivers seat. You can also see the coolant hoses running underneath the car to the same area. I would guess you either have a clogged up heater matrix, an airlock, or that the temp lever in the back is not opening the valve to let the coolant circulate. I'm guessing there is some sort of valve anyway! I haven't actually taken that part of my Surf apart yet
    Or maybe someone disconnected the coolant lines to the heater matrix for some strange reason..?

Comment

On a LN130 it will be in the centre console, only the 3rd gen have it under the seat.

Comment

Thanks, guess I'll be removing more parts today!

Will let you know how it goes
        I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Have a look under the thermostat housing and there should be a T piece in each of the large heater hoses which then connects to a smaller hose and then to metal coolant lines that go to rear heater.If the T pieces and small hoses are not there then the original may have been replaced with the U shaped hoses found on models without the rear heater.

Neville

Comment

Thanks for the correction andy, learn something new everyday, so they say

Comment

Working...
            X