Poly vs OEM Bushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly vs OEM Bushes?

What are the pros / cons of Poly vs OEM bushes - ride quality, noise, maintenance, value for money etc

Im considering Poly bushes for all my suspension on the Trash to Tidy V8 project but dont want to waste money if peoples experience demonstrates that they are a poor excuse for the original or lead to a harsher ride or less noise damping etc.

Mine are all shot anyway so need changing out regardless.

Thoughts and experiences please.

got pollys on mine and its good as gold.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Poly are stiffer, and probably last longer. Which mostly is good, but rubber gives more cushion so sometimes if everything is polybushed you may get a much harsher ride over rough roads.

There arn't many cons for poly though, apart from a tendancy to squeak like a bugger after time if you don't use enough lube when fitting them.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Pollys come in nicer colours.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Tart.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you get the black poly bushings, they are graphite impregnated/self lubricating, so they will be less prone to squeaks, and may last longer due to less binding. Function > color everytime IMO.

Poly is likely cheaper than getting new OEM rubber bushings as well, but the rubber will give a softer ride if that's what you're looking for.
            '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Tart.
              Philistine, you know that having a filthy truck but blingy mechanical bits is cool.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Its going to be very shiny and almost 100% for road use so keeping the geometry nice and tight is a must.

Its not going to see too much in the way of rough roads so the additional stiffness in the bushes shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Think I've made my mind up that its Poly bushes all the way just had to put my mind at rest before ordering.

Next thing will be choosing whose to buy?

The Roughtrax units (blue ones) are more pricey than the Milners units (orange) but cant see much of a difference - any other suppliers that people are aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
                  If you get the black poly bushings, they are graphite impregnated/self lubricating, so they will be less prone to squeaks, and may last longer due to less binding. Function > color everytime IMO.
                  Where can I find these for sale? only seen Blue or Orange so far?

Comment

The Milners blue stuff is Superpro - same as Roughtrax.(at least it was when I bought some bits a year ago) If you're doing the front wishbones make it easy on yourself by getting the ones with new metal sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
                      Where can I find these for sale? only seen Blue or Orange so far?
                      Energy Suspension makes them for sure, whether those are available in the UK I can't say. '96-'02 4runner application should do the trick.
                      '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X