What size dump is on a standard 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size dump is on a standard 2.4

Just phoned up pipecraft about new exaust system and asked for 3" dump running into 2.5 system single box,but they wanted to no the size of the down pipe on it at moment any one no this?.

They said if i had a 3" dump(ooh er missis) they did not have facility's to bend it if needed bending.

Price on 2.5" system single box would be £188 inc vat,they could also do it same day .

Originally posted by mick b
    Just phoned up pipecraft about new exaust system and asked for 3" dump running into 2.5 system single box,but they wanted to no the size of the down pipe on it at moment any one no this?.

They said if i had a 3" dump(ooh er missis) they did not have facility's to bend it if needed bending.

Price on 2.5" system single box would be £188 inc vat,they could also do it same day .
    Think the down pipe is 2.5" and the rest is 2", normal mod seems to be go to a 3" down pipe and 2.5" the rest of the system. (2.4 engine)
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Think the down pipe is 2.5" and the rest is 2", normal mod seems to be go to a 3" down pipe and 2.5" the rest of the system. (2.4 engine)
      Right thanks for that.

Now am i right that a 3.0 surf(diesel) has a 3" down pipe and will this down pipe fit a 2.4 diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by mick b
        Right thanks for that.

Now am i right that a 3.0 surf(diesel) has a 3" down pipe and will this down pipe fit a 2.4 diesel?
        Not sure on the size but it definately won't fit as the turbo exits lower down on the side of the engine block so the pipe will be shorter. However the Turbo (CT20) is the same so they could cut off the flange from a 3.0 system and fit it to a new 3.0 dump pipe.

£188 is damn good for a 3 into 2.5 custom built system. Think I'll have to take them up on it in a few weeks.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          Not sure on the size but it definately won't fit as the turbo exits lower down on the side of the engine block so the pipe will be shorter. However the Turbo (CT20) is the same so they could cut off the flange from a 3.0 system and fit it to a new 3.0 dump pipe.

£188 is damn good for a 3 into 2.5 custom built system. Think I'll have to take them up on it in a few weeks.

Cheers
          Ok thanks for the info i'm working in Basildon in the next week or two so i'm gonna take my truck with me and see what they can do.

Comment

im so lucky

im in new zealand and i just got this doen to my truck its 3inch from turbo and 2.3 inch the rest
            all in all from turbo back cost me 300 dollars thats abot 100 pound lol cool aye

Comment

Originally posted by whirly
              im in new zealand and i just got this doen to my truck its 3inch from turbo and 2.3 inch the rest
              all in all from turbo back cost me 300 dollars thats abot 100 pound lol cool aye
              Did you notice any gains after this,and how many box's and if one where was it.

Comment

Originally posted by whirly
                Three hundy!!!!
                Where did you get a deal like that?????
                The local banditos at the exhaust shops round here are up for nearly five!!!
                Where in NZ are ya??
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

lol deap south cousy bro

yeh im from dunedin south island i got my exaust made at magoo muflers simono...as for the box question yes i have one and it is near the back of the system exaust makes a cool noise when grunting up some mountain or hill's localy.. make sure they fit a good expander joint in it not one of these cheap nasty one halfrauds would sell you lol..power gains well yeh not bad feels a little quicker buy hey does the 2.4 feel quick anyway lol......i was climing hill the other day and a snail passed me and he had no mud tyres on lol.....

Comment

haha typos

just seen all my typos ok the exaust is 3inch front then 2.5 inch rest of the way

Comment

Working...
                    X