3rd Gen steering rack bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen steering rack bushes

How hard are the Steering rack bushes to change? More specifically how hard it is to remove the original two regular shaped ones?

My truck had its MOT today and it was pointed out that I have some play, I need to move the rack soon anyway to fit lower arm polybushes, so it seems like a good time to do it!

Can they been manhandled out, or do they need proper pressing tools? I usually just set fire to the suspension ones, but don't fancy that on the steering rack, especially as I wasn't intending on removing it totally!

I have seen a few posts about this (on the search) but no one has asked this specifically.

The good news is Roughtrax are still just asking £25 for them!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

I would say its easy, but I've done lots, it's more technical than hard, once you've done a few it's pretty easy. There's only one bush that sometimes tight, but a threaded bar and two sockets gets it out no problem.
    The centre bolt is a tricky to get to, and you have to unbolt the ARB and pipe work to be able to pull the rack back far enough to get to the centre bush.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, informative as always!

I'll give it a go. I actually had the rack "loose" a bit back, before I realised my lower camber adjusters were seized to the bushes

By unbolt the pipework, do you just mean the bracketry by the "D" clamp, or actually undo the pipework from the rack?
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Working...
      X