• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 4a runner gear box fit a ln130

Hi all would a n reg toyota 4 runner gear box v 6 fit my k reg
    Toyota surf 2.4 diesel both manual iv had a look at the v 6 box
    And there is a diffrence the slave and clutch arm are on the right of the
    Box on my ln130they are on the left could the bell housing be swaped also the v 6 has
    manual 4x4 selector my one you press the buton on the selector to put its in 4x4
    Does any one have any ideas thanks

Probably not, but Albannach may be along soon to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
      Probably not, but Albannach may be along soon to comment.

Comment

keep the switch

Someone correct me if im wrong. The switch operates the front diff for 4x4 driving under normal gearing instead of the transfer leaver but if you do it this way when you select low gearing with the transfer leaver you wont have 4x4 driving until you press the switch as yovu gearbox wont be wired to the front diff. You will benefit from only having rear wheel drive in low box if you dont press the switch. Me thinks. As for the bellhousing i dont know, never seen the petrol engine.

Comment

That is probably the most appropriate answer to the original question possible.

Comment

That is probably the most appropriate answer to the original question possible.
            Shame its wrong though.

Surfs have an electrically operated transfer case, the button works the T/case, 4Runners have a manual one worked by the shifter only. Both trucks have ADD front diffs.

You may have trouble wiring the front axle without the ECU getting info from the 4Runner t/case.

The Surf T/case won't fit a 4Runner gearbox with the clutch fork on the other side.

You may have trouble getting a bellhousing to fit a 2.4 to a 3.0 gearbox, as mentioned before, they are different engines and different gearboxes. Not sure the combo of a V6 gearbox and a 2.4 engine ever went together.

I don't know anything for sure, so hadn't replied, but seeing as everyone else is guessing i'll have a go too...

I have a KZN130 (3.0 derv) 4Runner here, and I'm sure the gearbox is simular to the Surf one, with the clutch on the left.

At very least find out the gearbox you have, and whats fitted to a V6 4Runner, if they are the same series then you can probably do it. Transfer case issues aside.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No them lol

I take thats a no then lol I'm only in need of a sold or duall mass its just that some one was getting rid of one whith gear box as a set of well ill keep looking thanks for the replys

Comment

About 8yrs ago i got my first surf 1991 2.4 jap inport manual us in the offroad club couldnt understand why i could have 4x4 or just rear wheel drive in low box so i crawled underneath and the plug on the gearbox thats wired to the front diff was hanging off. Uk models have x3 wires at diff and jap models x5 wires because of in cab switch.

Comment

Originally posted by mud bath 21 View Post
                  I take thats a no then lol I'm only in need of a sold or duall mass its just that some one was getting rid of one whith gear box as a set of well ill keep looking thanks for the replys
                  Is that not a different question then? Do you just need a Flywheel for 2.4 manual Surf?

Comment

Yeah, thats because you can select L without pressing the button, so the extra wires are from a switch on the side of the T/case to work the solenoid on the back of the transfer case to get 4x4 without pressing the button.

Some people fit a in cab switch to the wire so they can have Low range 2WD for manouvering heavy traielrs on hard surfaces.

Surfs have an extra switch on the back of the diff too, rumour has it its a temp sensor to unlock the front diff if it gets hot, but I dunno for sure, 4Runners only have the fork locator switch on the front of the diff.

Comment

Is that not a different question then? Do you just need a Flywheel for 2.4 manual Surf?
                      Would be a whole lot less hassle, just go to Roughtrax and buy one.

Comment

I must have been competing in just rear wheel drive 8 yrs ago until i put that plug back in the gearbox, even though my dash told me i was in 4x4 mode. Thats why i didnt fair to well.

Comment

Originally posted by snowplower View Post
                          I must have been competing in just rear wheel drive 8 yrs ago until i put that plug back in the gearbox, even though my dash told me i was in 4x4 mode. Thats why i didnt fair to well.
                          I had the same problem with my 6R4 when I got it - took me three years of GpB international rallying before I realised it was a 1.1 HSE with a different badge.

Comment

Well thanks for all the help if any one here knows of solid fly wheel or duall mass please let me no thanks again ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X