2lt to 2lte conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2lt to 2lte conversion

Hi All. My 88 surf's 2lt punched a nasty hole in its bottom end right before a hunting trip with the boys planned in a week. Thankfully i have another surf(91) out the back that has a good 2lte in it(body totaled). I plan to convert it back to the mechanical type system in good time and thanks to the many posts on the subject in this forum am well informed and it shouldnt be an issue. My question is I am pushed for time and if i Dump the lte in without the mechanical conversion would the elec injector pump run (well enough) without the ecu setup presumably missing in my older truck?

Originally posted by troy230 View Post
    Hi All. My 88 surf's 2lt punched a nasty hole in its bottom end right before a hunting trip with the boys planned in a week. Thankfully i have another surf(91) out the back that has a good 2lte in it(body totaled). I plan to convert it back to the mechanical type system in good time and thanks to the many posts on the subject in this forum am well informed and it shouldnt be an issue. My question is I am pushed for time and if i Dump the lte in without the mechanical conversion would the elec injector pump run (well enough) without the ecu setup presumably missing in my older truck?
    No , you need to fit the mechanical non ecu pump . To convert to EFI is alot more work .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thought as much thanks for reply Vagrant much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X