Rattle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle ?

I've got a rattle/clatter coming from the front drivers side, sounds like I have a pile of dinner plates on top of the wheel at times.

Rattle is louder when on bumpy ground and on smooth ground you can rarely hear it. I gave the wheel a good kick earlier and could hear the rattle, kicked the passenger side and no sound.

I had a similar problem on my last car and that was a spring on the brakes that had worn so pads were clattering against the disc.

Is it more likely to be the same thing or might it be something else ?

Also from time to time I get a cracking clicking noise coming from same wheel this noise seems to last a few mins.
    It doesn't happen on full lock or up hill it just seems to happen randomly and not every day.

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Last edited by Balllsy; 21 December 2011, 21:26.

Jack it up and fidle about with the wheel, kicking it won't help. It could be many things.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Had the wheel off a couple of weeks ago to fit a bottom ball joint but couldn't see any thing loose or untoward then.

Comment

If the rattle goes away if you select 4wd then it'll be the bronze bushes.
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1117111001

Comment

Did the noise start after you replaced the balljoint?

Comment

Cheers Vince will try that.

Albannach, I've had the rattle for some time before the ball joint was replaced. I don't think it's got any worse, it's just an irritating noise and must be something that needs fixing so thought I better get my ar$e into gear and fix it

Comment

I'd go with Vince's suggestion then.

Comment

Working...
              X