yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I break sumfink... (Bulb-Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I break sumfink... (Bulb-Related)

Software problems, no drama, but hardware - good chance my anti-Midas touch will work it's magic - I've used search but it seems it's all 2nd gens that cause head-scratching, so is it so"Duh!" simple on the 3rd gen that no-one has a write up?

Went to swap lightbulbs on my 3rd gen (it has the 2 battery config). I reckon to get to the passenger one, I'll need to unbolt the battery retainer from the rad brace, but the backs of my headlamps, have kind of a dry rubbery cap with the bulb holder going into the middle. I've tried twisting the ring, but not budging. I could try harder but I don't want to tear it.

Any clues please?
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
    Software problems, no drama, but hardware - good chance my anti-Midas touch will work it's magic - I've used search but it seems it's all 2nd gens that cause head-scratching, so is it so"Duh!" simple on the 3rd gen that no-one has a write up?

Went to swap lightbulbs on my 3rd gen (it has the 2 battery config). I reckon to get to the passenger one, I'll need to unbolt the battery retainer from the rad brace, but the backs of my headlamps, have kind of a dry rubbery cap with the bulb holder going into the middle. I've tried twisting the ring, but not budging. I could try harder but I don't want to tear it.

Any clues please?
    the rubber should just peel off. The lamp is held inplace with a clip that you squeeze together to release it the lamp will then come out, putting back is the reverse
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Once you get the bulb harness out of the way, the rubber grommet just peels away once you get it started. It's just caked in there from road grime, etc.
      '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Working...
      X