Another Strange Noise When in 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Strange Noise When in 4WD

was on a muddy road today, so gave the 4wd a switch on. Straight line and really only to make sure it all switched okay.
    However, got a rhythmic clunking every half second or so when I accelerated... quiet when rolling (no throttle).
    Went away when switched out of 4WD.
    I'm thinking front diff knackered or diff mounts? Will check the bolts tomorrow.
    Dannyboy77 and Bazcam might remember my Banging Diff at Avalanche, but we asssumed it was fixed by replacing the missing bolt and tightening up.
    Any thoughts?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

i think its knackered John, oops!
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
      was on a muddy road today, so gave the 4wd a switch on. Straight line and really only to make sure it all switched okay.
      However, got a rhythmic clunking every half second or so when I accelerated... quiet when rolling (no throttle).
      Went away when switched out of 4WD.
      I'm thinking front diff knackered or diff mounts? Will check the bolts tomorrow.
      Dannyboy77 and Bazcam might remember my Banging Diff at Avalanche, but we asssumed it was fixed by replacing the missing bolt and tightening up.
      Any thoughts?
      Drop the oil and see what comes out, any metal bits or a silver/metalic
      sheen in the oil then its your diff.
      Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazcam View Post
        Drop the oil and see what comes out, any metal bits or a silver/metalic
        sheen in the oil then its your diff.
        Will do...
        But in reflection, I already think I know what I'll find...

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
          i think its knackered John, oops!
          Cheers mate for those words of comfort...
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
          X