Air intake hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air intake hose

I've noticed that my air intake pipe has a split in it so i'll be replacing it with the silicon one from roughtrax. Do I need to put jubilee clips/hoselocks on it as the image on the r/t website doesn't appear to have any?

Cheers
    Paul

I've got one on my 3rd gen and to be honest there a pretty tight fit but i still put the original hose clips back on.

Comment

Many thanks, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PM0077 View Post
        Many thanks, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Paul
        yeah esp if truck is used offroad

Comment

intake hose

Just an observation, i recently under took a repair to the air filter box on a surf
          that had a blue silicone intake hose fitted instead of the toyota convelluted hose.
          What had happened is that the silicone hose was very rigid and has no give in it.
          Now there is quite a bit of movement when the throttle is opened up so the engine moves side to side on its mountings as its designed to do. What i found with this rigid silicone hose fitted the engine on acceleration and decelleration was pulling an pushing the air filter box, resulting in a snapped air filter box mounting. This was removed and welded back on and the silicone hose removed and replaced with a toyota hose. The reason that this hose is conveluted is to allow movement between the engine and the air box, the airbox is mounted on rubber feet but these are to dampen vibrations and not to compensate for engine movement which in effect was happening because there was a ridgid connection between engine and body. Just an observation?

Comment

Working...
          X