Thermostat change- where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat change- where is it?

Hi this is my first post but I have owned my 92 2.4 diesel since february.
    I have used the forum on many occasions and I have not posted as I have managed to find pretty much everything I needed without asking and when I have seen other posts I have not needed to answer as they already have been. ( if that makes sense)
    I have the issue with the thing getting hot when towing or going up a steep hill.
    Several changes of the tranny oil have reduced this.
    Today I have ripped out the air con rad as it needed rehashing and I never like it anyway prefer to open a window.
    My question is and I can't find it on here as I have searched.
    Is where is the thermostat?
    I have looked but can't see where it is located I have a replacement an it's ready to go on but can I fined it- err no is the answer!

I am also fitting an oil cooler which I had lying about from a Nissan Stagea ( skyline estate) so I'm going to reroute the tranny oil cooler from the rad to this and put it where the air con rad was.
    Hopefully this will improve the situation somewhat.
    I seem to have gone on a bit here so if anybody can point me in the direction of the thermostat for a 92 2.4 diesel it would be appreciated. Thanks

It's where you top up the coolant you undo three nuts and it pops out.

Comment

Yes I found it thanks I was thrown off scent by reading a thread about a 3l stat, d'oh

Comment

Originally posted by mossop View Post
        Yes I found it thanks I was thrown off scent by reading a thread about a 3l stat, d'oh
        A 3L stat is in the same place.

Nev

Comment

Working...
        X