tailgate removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate removal

hi there,i have 1991 2.4 surf,got this about 3 weeks ago and love it,except the put your foot down and it takes ages to do anything bit,i was told that the 3.0 is alot better and just as it happens one came up for sale a week ago so got it and am now sorting it out for usage,been sat for 3 years but flew through the mot.couple of teething probs for the 3 litre,the tailgate wiring is kaput someone has been in there with no clue at all and cut bits out,the key will not put window up or down as there is no wire at all going to it button inside the cab works it but i need to use the key,now heres were i need the help can anyone tell me or post up How to remove the tailgate including the wiring..cheers

i,ve just changed the tailgate on my 2.4 was really easy took about 45mins/hour .
    remove the nearside rear cubby lineing box to enable you to get to the multi pin connector in the rear quarter panel unplug it
    undo the stay bars one each side torx bolts take out the hinge bolts on both sides gently guide the plug out of the quarter panel and remove tailgate fitting is reverse of removal

Comment

Working...
    X