Help with the spare wheel bracket please -underbody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the spare wheel bracket please -underbody

Hi, I've just bought a 3rd gen 2.7 petrol on a 96 plate. When looking it over the guy mentioned it didn't have a spare underneath so he brought me a one over, which i just threw in the boot as i was keen to get going ( 200 mile drive in last weeks heat)
    Aaaanyway, long story short, I tried to fit it this morning and it seems to be missing a few bits underneath as the 'winch' part in just the circular bit (a bit like the horn of a trumpet) which when turned takes the bracket up or down. obviously it's impossible to get the wheel up where it needs to go as I cant get my hand in to continue turning with the wheel so high. So, two part question,

1- what do i need (ie what should be there) and

2- it looks like the rubber of the tyre will be hitting the exhaust once it's up, so what am I doing wrong!?

Thanks in advance.

So, ive found that i dont have the handle needed to go through to the winch.i'll ask stormforce if he has one to sell, but if anyone can advise me on what i should have to secure the wheel, id appreciate it. Surely it doesnt just get held up by one high-tensile wire on the winch, does it?

Comment

Ok, found the toolkit under the back seats with everything intact.

Just need some advice on how to secure the wheel once its in the right position under the chassis.

Comment

got a 2 gen. and when i went to scrap i got to choose the ones with the cable or the only one it works with a chain (same system but stronger) had seen too many cable ones snapped. it held by itself if you see at the end of that cable is something like a spring with a plate who holds the wheel up, that's the only thing who holds it up as far is tight enough.
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X