lower suspension arm balljoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower suspension arm balljoints

Fitted new lower suspension balljoint last night - left side of truck, took a while, but got it on in the end.
    Took it for a test drive, the steering wheel stays central now!, rather than having it rotated round to right slightly, and pull to left isn't quite so bad. Also the shudder I have been experiencing wasnt so bad.

Drove it to work this morning and the shudder was worse than last night!.

I had found the balljoint being loose by working on a pry-bar under the front wheel and seeing lots of movement and clanking on this ball joint. Doesnt do that now. But fiddling with the old ball joint off the truck - it doesnt seem to be loose - strange!?.

How do I test for wear on the upper ball joint?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

looked at it again

Had a jiggle with the old lower ball joint again, and it does have a bad worn patch at one point.

Also - I jacked up vehicle again, put on jack stands.
    Then got a crow bar under wheel, and part of it on a bit of wood, and pushed down and up on the crow bar - discovered that there is up and down movement on the Upper suspension arm ball joints - about 1-2mm, before the upper suspension arm starts lifting..
    so guess they are worn.
    lower ball joint on RH-side has about 1mm vertical movement - but thats in spec limits,

I should just buy every different ball joint from milners and be done with it!!

andy
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
    X