Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicators

Does anyone know if the only way to change a front indicator(passenger side) bulb is by removing the battery first, seems a very long winded way to change a bulb but i cant see any other way to get to it. Hopefully someone will know the fast way
    thx in advance Rickus

Is yours the narrow body version, where the indicator is in the sidelight unit?
    On the post face lift trucks the light unit can be removed by undoing two screws, which means you don't have to loosen the battery strap and move the battery over. Hopefully yours has the same set up.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Cool ty, that worked, well sort of - changed the bulb and it still didnt work, was baffled, then randomly started working again the next day. Think i got a bad connection somewhere

Comment

Mine was the wide body, so I didn't have the indicators there. However my sidelight started flashing once, I found the wire had broken just as it went into the bulb holder.

Might be worth while turning your hazards on and flexing the cable to see if there is a crack in the wire inside the insulation.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Its wierd cos 1st thing i did when i indicated and realised by the relay speed that 1 indicator was not working was to pull in and put the hazards on and they all worked !!! so i put indicators on and found the culprit - very wierd. Spose i will have to put the indicators on and see if that works, but thx for your help mate.

Comment

Going back along way in my memory here, but I think the relay uses different circuits (or maybe it's different relays) for hazards, and indicators.

Try seeing if the search function will find an old thread about it.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
            X