Air conditioning fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioning fixed

Just in case anyone has the same problem as I had on my airconditioning, I thought i'd post what the problem was.

Since the underneath of my car got caked in mud, my aircon has been playing up. It would work for a while and then the light would start flashing and the AC would stop. If I switched off the AC for a couple of minutes and then switched it on, it would work again for a while. If I was going fast on a motorway it would work for longer than when going around town. It was that that made me think that the AC fluid was getting too hot.

I got underneath the front and gave my AC rad and fans a good jetwash. Even though they looked clean, the amount of crud that came off the fins was amazing. I also had a wire broken off on one of the two fans. Fixed the wire, washed for about 1/2 hour until ity all came clean and now the AC works.

I presume there must be some kind of thermal overheat switch on the AC system somewhere which switches off the AC if the fluid gets too hot.

So just cos the AC light flashes, doesn't neccessarily mean that it needs refilling, could be just the AC radiator is blocked or the fans are not working.

However mine does need re-gassing as well cos it is not that cold (a lot colder than no AC though) and hasn't been for a while now. I'll get that done in the fullness of time, just pleased to have AC of some sort considering we are in for a hot spell over the next few days.

Cheers
Working...
X