spare wheel lowering mech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spare wheel lowering mech

Hi folks on my hilux the spare wheel is mounted under the rear but i dont have a tool to wind it down. What does the tool look like and does anyone have one spare?

Marty

have you checked under the rear seat, the main part is a bar about 2ft long with a small hoop on the end and the handle should be in the tool roll.
    dazza
    Non consternationes.

Comment

Ah ill have a check tomorrow then cheers

Comment

i had a look under the rear seats and there is a long rod and a jack but it doesnt look like the right tool for the job. i have a towbar fitted has part of the mech maybe been removed ill get a pic tomorrow

Comment

funny that ....

i am in much the same situation ...

need to get rear spare out from under the car and I cant ...

Comment

if anybody has a pic of the tool it may help me

Comment

The first image is the part of the tool from under the rear seat, this is the winding "shaft" for want of a better word, The part in the second image is from the tool roll and this is the handle. The third image is the hole where you stuff your shaft "insert own dirty joke" and give it some winding.
              Admittedly it can be difficult to get the winding tool located properly into the mechanism, you have to insert it on quite a steep uphill angle.
              Whatever you do, dont ask for help on here about inserting you shaft in the rear end, this can lead to quite a lengthy thread about Wranglers and hair dressers!

note: to give some idea of scale the tiles in the pics are 600mm sq.
              Attached Files
              Non consternationes.

Comment

Ah super cheers I have those tools ill look into it

Comment

Working...
                X