Over drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over drive

Guys could you please tell me how the over drive button works. If it on the dash board as OD OFF what does that mean? If its not on the dash what does that mean. Which is better for fuel and engine wise. Dont go off road i just cruise on it and i dont pull anything on it, hope you can help.
    Attached Files

O/D is another gear (4th) so it is more economical to have it on - when you get to about 35 mph the autobox changes into O/D which lowers the revs.

Hello welcome by the way
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi, when you mean have it on, do you mean that the dash light should say OD OFF or should there be nothing on the dash? Thats what confusing me. Good to be on this site, just got my surf love it to bits. some pictures for you.
      Attached Files

Comment

With O/D on there will be nothing on the dash

If you want to test it drive along at about 45 mph and press the button if you are in O/D it will change down and your revs will increase or vise versa if you are not in O/D pressing the button will allow it to change up decreasing the revs
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Thank you, that worked. will save me diesel in the long run and keep the engine ticking over for longer.

Comment

I was going to ask the same question its been asked b4 i love this search tab lol
            "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Comment

Working...
            X