strange starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange starting problem

ok so here we go i have searched for an hour on this and nothing comes up, have a really strange starting issue with surf 3.0l td auto. turns over fine. glow plugs are good. but will not fire up. have slackend a fuel pipe to injector and no fuel.

removed a plug joiner at the bottom of the pump. there are 2 above it going into the pump then one bellow these going back to front. took this apart and engine started with the first crank of the engine.

pluged it back in and started fine again.

hears the strange bit, goes ok for a few days first crank hot or cold, then out of the blue no start. again engine cranks fine no strange noise or anything.

runs ok all day long and for a few days after.

had this before and it had trouble starting but didnt touch engine and it worked for a few more days then nothing....

cant be alarm as it is clifford and we have bypassed it with the book.

did notice the check engine light came on with ignition and never noticed it before the problems but then i wasnt looking, does this light come on with ignition then go out on start.....

ok kind of fixed it. need a new scv for the injector pump. gave it a tap with hammer and it started no probs.

now the problem is i need a new scv. anyone have any ideas were i can get one from

Comment

I have a 2ng gen pump for 3.0 here if you want it.
      £30 plus postage.
      You can rob it for bits.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

If he doesn't want it, I do!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

kerrsurf

can you please let me know the postage to dover kent. if you need more details then i will pm you.

Comment

i will take the pump. can you let me know the prefferd method of payment. must say its not for my surf but a mates and he wants it definatly. my email is heidihadden@btinternet.com

Comment

I'll dig it out of the garage and get it weighed.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by rich2484 View Post
                i will take the pump. can you let me know the prefferd method of payment. must say its not for my surf but a mates and he wants it definatly. my email is heidihadden@btinternet.com
                Heidi Hadden? unusual name for a guy, I assume thats you're girlfriends name - She's not originally from Crowthorne, Berkshire is she?
                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

nah mate she a chatham girl through and through with all the lingo. wa-er and all the sayings. winds me up but then i just take the mick. lol.

its the email i use for everything non personal related.

ok as soon as you can let me know will be great. any payment method wil be ok exept for cash in the post as i dont trust mail enough for that..

Comment

Fair enough - I used to know a Heidi Hadden and I thought it was quite an unusual name
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

hers is hiedi hadden but bt got it wrong and she has never forgiven them for it.

Comment

Apologies, it looks as though the pump has been thrown out during a clearout, sorry guys.
                        Alan

Comment

ahh ok no problems.

so with this can anyone let mo know were i can get another one from.

Comment

Working...
                          X